Monday, March 21, 2016

Integral Development Lab at Van Niwas, Niainital for IIMI

This was the 6th IDL that I conducted and one of the most interesting and exciting experiences for me. The sixth one in a row,! It all began with the seed sown by Prof. Ravichandran , The Director of IIMI. I designed and planned the program alone but Prof. Srnivas joining me to conduct the first program was a great thing. For me, his friendship was one of the most rewarding outcomes and for IIMI, the scaling up he has done to create the out-bound learning program is history.
Over the period of six years, IDL matured into a valuable program for the students and a rewarding opportunity for me to be with a new group in the incredible foot-hills of Himalayas . This year was special because my wife joined me and we visited Haridwar and Rishikesh on the way.It was wonderful meeting Sri Nalinji and his marvelous team
It is always fun to do a week-long program for a new, young group. As the other groups are purely oriented as Adventure, the students want more fun and les of development. That means my personal contribution content is coming down and along with the opportunity for my own growth is diminishing. So, I am opting out of this program next year onwards. What I would miss most is the Ashram, Nalinji and the Himalyas. All the same it is time to move-on and open up the space for new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment