Friday, November 8, 2013

Personal Growth Lab for IIM, RAK

 
The IIM campus at Ras-Al-Khima, UAE was opened in 2011 and I was fortunate to conduct the inaugural program.  I missed out to do the course last year due to a clash with my other commitments. It is great that I could do the Personal Growth Lab (PGL) this year and once again this was the first course the new batch started with. It is always a pleasure to work with the students of a new batch – they appear to me as pristine flowers of consciousness; eager, very willing open and enthusiastic. They are more coach-able compared to the students in the last term. I don’t know whether it is true, but I have the notion that PGL is more valuable at the beginning of the course as they can fold what they learn in PGL into their life style, whilst doing coping with the rigors and demands of the academic program.

In the PGL I did in 2011, I had about 15 sessions to work with the students. This time, it was made into a two credit course of 10 sessions. With new found emphasis on health and happiness, I revamped the program considerably. I enjoyed the process of revamping and conducting the revised program. The batch was small but the participation was great; making the whole experience very satisfying and fulfilling for me. I would love to fine-tune the program and make it optimal for 10 sessions. I look forward to more opportunities to accomplish this.



No comments:

Post a Comment